Teachers & Caregivers
When to use:
- Promotes learning through the tactile system. Infants learn through touch/feel via input from their hands and mouth.
- Gives the opportunity to learn and feel different textures.
How to use:
- Great opportunity for feeling with hands or chewing/sucking on with mouth.
- Can be used to promote play in various positions: tummy time, on back, sidelying.
- Can also be used just out of infants reach to promote reach/grasp.
- If child is struggling to cross the midline (reach across their body) or to extend just beyond their reach, this is often a great motivation tool.
Tactile Sensory Mats